Reducing Liability and Streamlining Administration
OPPORTUNITY: SECURE TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The insurance company, which was not an eFax Corporate customer at the time, noticed the trend and realized that it could be at risk of regulatory noncompliance without a secure fax solution. It also saw the opportunity to provide a standard, easy-to-use solution for its agent network.
The company contacted an eFax Corporate representative, who explained that the Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption feature offered by eFax Corporate was necessary for them to be in compliance with requirements of the Healthcare Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
SOLUTION: HIGHER RELIABILITY AND LOWER LIABILITY WITH SIMPLE, SECURE FAXING
The eFax Corporate cloud solution standardizes and secures faxes using the highest level of encryption.
eFax Corporate provides insurance sales offices with an easy-to-use service that allows agents to send and receive customer applications and other forms as PDF attachments through email messages. Each email attachment is sent over an encrypted connection from the agent’s office to the insurance company headquarters to ensure complete privacy and regulatory compliance.
For our client, the use of eFax Corporate reduces the liability associated with the security of the personally identifiable information (PII) contained in these faxes that pass multiple hands—from the customer, to the representative, and then to the insurance company.
These faxes need to be completely secure while in transit from representative email inboxes to company headquarters. By securing faxes with the strongest encryption recommended by the United States government, our client eliminates the potential risks associated with noncompliance, including administrative action, fines, and loss of reputation.
HOW eFAX CORPORATE WORKS
WITH eFAX CORPORATE YOU GAIN
- The number one global fax service for secure transmission of information.
- Reliability and customer support 24 x 7 x 365.
- Proof of reliability as illustrated by our extremely low corporate attrition rate.
- An intuitive end-user experience.
- Immediate access to fax numbers around the world with enterprise-wide administration and detailed reports from a single log-in.
- Solutions for desktop and application faxing.
- Integration with Outlook, SAP, Salesforce, and other workflow applications.
- Business continuity through critical systems redundancy and disaster recovery.
WITH eFAX CORPORATE YOU ELIMINATE
- Waiting, keying in wrong numbers, and losing faxes at a fax machine.
- Equipment maintenance, toner or ink purchasing, and staff time for managing or troubleshooting servers and software.
- Monthly telecom line expenses.
One word to describe eFax Corporate: Reliable
HERE’S HOW WE DO IT
Outage in one location due to extreme weather or disaster? Business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place, allowing us to automatically reroute from our geographically diverse, redundant servers.
Spike in traffic in one part of the world? We support high traffic with additional servers that initiate automatically.
THIS IS OUR BUSINESS AND WE ARE THE MARKET LEADER
WHY eFAX CORPORATE? IT’S SECURE.
TLS 1.2 encryption of digital faxes over SMTP email
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption for digital faxes stored in the cloud